Monday, November 18, 2013

Interview with Mr. Yowell (part two)

8) What was your favorite year of middle school?
Mr. Yowell said that it would be his 8th grade year. Not necessarily for school reasons. Just because, "7th grade just stunk."

9) How many degrees/credits did you finally graduate college with and what were they?
1 degree-BS in math, teaching certificate. And "A lot. A lot. A lot. A lot." of credits

10) Some people say that people are born with their ability to do math things. Do you agree with those people? Why or why not?
I do not agree because all people have ability to do math. "There's a part of the brain just for that." It's not always easy but everybody has number sense, it's a very human thing to do.

11) Have you always liked Math? What attracted you to Math?
No, I have not always liked math. I started liking it in my third year of college. I was really good at it. I was okay at Science, good at English, and good at History. I especially like classes that were after calculus such as topology and analyses. They are patterns and why things work the way they

12) Who is the teacher you are most thankful for? Why?
Mrs. Moody. She was my 7th grade teacher. It was like a class community. She was really nice and understanding. She made English interesting. Her class was fun to be in.

13) Do science and math have a lot of similarities? What are some of them? And differences?
Math describes Science

No comments:

Post a Comment